A planetary gearbox offers high torque transmission with good stiffness and low noise, in a more compact footprint than other gearbox types. The planetary gearbox design is fairly simple, consisting of a central sun gear, an outer ring (also referred to as an internal gear, because its tooth face inward), planetary gears, and a carrier. … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Motion Control Tips
- What are the drawbacks to using a planetary gearbox?
- What’s the difference between an industrial PC for motion control and a regular PC?
- Rockwell Automation announces winners of Manufacturing Safety Excellence Awards
- Nexen introduces ring drive with built-in brake, zero backlash
- Lenze celebrates 70 years of easy machine automation
- New video: What is a PLC?
- Customizing conveying systems: Review of options for pallet conveyors