Input/output (or I/O) is central to every PLC. I/O is the connection of the controller to the outside world and to the machine or process being controlled. Inputs to the PLC can be either voltages or currents representing physical variables or the status of devices such as switches, motors, or lights. Inputs and outputs can be either digital … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Why is the bandwidth of a servo control loop important?
Industrial gear designs push the envelope with new materials and exacting manufacturing
Latest motion control advances showcased on HEIDENHAIN TV
FAQ: How do proprietary and open-source PC control software programs compare?
Today on Motion Control Tips
- Latest motion control advances showcased on HEIDENHAIN TV
- FAQ: What to know about integrating I/O with a PLC?
- Industrial gear designs push the envelope with new materials and exacting manufacturing
- Emerging trends in conveyor design: Turnkey setups and higher throughputs
- Motor-CAD EMag module for design of electric motor magnetics
- New high torque density motor from ThinGap
- HEIDENHAIN now offers CNC for auxiliary axes