According to the IEC 61131-3 standard, there is a difference between a function and a function block in PLC programming. The main difference involves internal memory. So for instance, a function can be described as something like an equation or formula that accepts inputs and calculates an output value. Moreover, it always returns the same output … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
FAQ: When to use a DC drive vs an AC flux-vector drive
Applied Motion Products announces internationally certified stepper drive for hazardous locations
Custom voice-coil actuator heads to asteroid Bennu
FAQ: What are the hardware and software parts of a PC-based motion controller?
Today on Motion Control Tips
- The downside of patent protection
- Applied Motion Products announces internationally certified stepper drive for hazardous locations
- Custom voice-coil actuator heads to asteroid Bennu
- FAQ: What are PLC function blocks and how does IEC 61131-3 classify them?
- Ultrasonic piezo linear motor drives compact linear positioning stage
- New Thomson web video shows how to reset the keyway location of a CB series wrap spring clutch
- NORD Gear now sells MAXXDRIVE case size 14 gear units